Monday 16 April 2012

Nutty Mocha Biscotti

I love LOVE biscotti cookies!  When ever I was in Starbucks I HAD to have one with my over-priced yet oh so worth it caffinated beverage.  I had never made biscotti and now that I have discovered that it is SUPER EASY..... I won't be buying as many at the coffee shop. (ok, I probably will still buy them, all the while lamenting that I purchased biscotti when I had some perfectly better ones at home..)


Here is the first (and truthfully only recipe I have made so far.....It's good!)

Nutty Mocha Biscotti


Whatcha need:  2 eggs, 2 TBSP of instant coffee, 2 cups flour, 1 and 1/2 tsp of baking powder,  1/2 cup of butter (1 stick for my American friends), 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of  pecans, and 4 squares of  baking chocolate ( 4 ounces).



Pre - Step One:  Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.

Step One:  Whisk eggs and coffee granules until well blended.




Step two:  Mix flour and baking sugar.


 Step three:  Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended.


Step 4:  Add egg mixture; mix well


Step Five:  Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended.



Step Six:  Coarsely chop chocolate and pecans.


 So Beautiful together!



Step Seven:  Stir in chocolate and pecans.


 Place dough on lightly floured surface; divide in half.  Roll into 2 logs (approx 10 inches)   Place on greased or parchment papered cookie sheet 2 inches apart.  Bake for about 30- 35 minutes until lightly brown. 
 COOL for 10 minutes!!!  Transfer to cutting board and using a serrated knife cut diagonally each log into slices. 
 Place back on baking sheet bake 10 more minutes until crisp an dry.  Cool completely.
 You can now make your biscotti extra special by drizzling chocolate or dipping an end in chocolate. So good!!!  If you do this put in fridge until the chocolate is firm.
Then make some coffee baby and indulge in a wonderful biscotti that YOU made!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment