Tuesday 23 October 2012

Homemade Chocolate syrup!

 


There are some essentials in life...Kraft Dinner, Heinz ketchup, taco seasoning....you know, the really important stuff.  In our house my two boys have some essentials too...Dino Eggs Oatmeal, Fruit to Go, and Chocolate Milk....SO IMPORTANT!  If we are out of syrup life is just not the same! Milk just isn't supposed to be white PEOPLE - Didn't you know!!!  (something about the cows being brown....)Chocolate...yep, I understand my boys reasoning all the way!

Problem though: I only buy syrup when its on sale because it really is a rip off - economically speaking.  So there are days when the boys have the white stuff.  Not their favorite variety, but whaddya do?  I refuse to pay full price!  Of course, I didn't even really think about making my own!  Then I saw some recipes on Pinterest and I played around a bit and I created my own.

This is really good, easy to make, and CHEAP!  So let's make the world a sweeter place...along with my pocketbook..... Make this gem of a syrup!


1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup water
dash of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla


In a small saucepan, add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.  Whisk together gently.  Add water.  Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Reduce heat and cook 1 minute and 30 seconds.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Cool.  Store in the refrigerator.



For chocolate milk, add 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup to 8 oz. of milk.  Heat for hot chocolate.





Enjoy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment