Wednesday 6 February 2013

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies





Then month of LOVE is upon us!!!!!  Yahoo for February.  When its cool to wear red, pink and purple together, and chocolate is everywhere!!!!  I like February....I do....except for the bitter cold and the fact that spring is not coming this month, no matter what I say.  I am grateful that Mother Nature has blessed us with a mild week of weather.  And no snow!  Thankyou Nature!!!!

This month I decided I would jump on theeeee oooool' bandwagon and make sweet chocolate treats.  I got a lovely chocolate banana bread coming up, some sweet cookies.....and I can't wait.......Brownies with WINE in them!  They are for my beloved on Valentines day.....MMMMWah!

Today's offering is THE BEST peanut butter cookie recipe I've ever eaten.  Really!  My family ate them and they don't normally like cookies with peanut butter in them.  It's a principle that they have held to since the beginning of time and they weren't about to change unless they were bribed with chocolate.  So, here is a lovely Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie.  Enjoy!


Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from: How Crazy Cooks
What you Need:
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • ½ cups Brown Sugar
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 1 whole Large Egg
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
  • Extra Sugar As Needed For Rolling Dough

What to do:  1.  Preheat oven to 350ºF.

2.  Measure peanut butter, sugars, egg, baking soda, vanilla, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.

3.  Gently stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Roll 1 generous tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll each ball in the extra sugar. Place dough balls at least 2″ apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.

5.  Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack.

ENJOY!!!  SO GOOD!!


No comments:

Post a Comment