Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Herb Garden!


The first of May means one thing to me.....The day that the Greenhouses in my area OPEN!!!!!!  I have been truly looking forward to this day for a while.  So this afternoon I packed up the kiddos and headed out to Riverside Greenhouses on the GoodFare Road.  I was SOOOOO EXCITED!  The boys love to run up and down the greenhouse aisles and check out all the flowers all the while chasing the puppy "Remy".  Ok, my youngest called him "Remy the Rat" after Ratatouille....  Poor fluffy puppy....:)

Anyways, OF COURSE I GOT CARRIED AWAY!!!  Today's trip was just for a few herbs and maybe a hanging basket....Well, I LOADED UP!  On HERBS!  I got lots of basil, some rosemary, chives, spearmint, thyme and flat leafed Parsley!  So excited to use these herbs throughout the summer months in my cooking.  Our favorite use for herbs....Bruschetta!!!!!  LOVE IT! 

My little indoor garden:  nice sunlight and out of the way of the boys!  In about a month I'll move things outdoors!!


I did pick out a hanging flower basket that will liven up the front door.  On the weekend we will head out with Daddy to pick out a couple of beefsteak tomatoes (to go along with my plethora of cherry tomatoes)  and some flowers for our front flower bed....I LOVE SPRING!!!



I may have gone a bit overboard with the chives.....

No comments:

Post a Comment