Friday 23 August 2013

FamilyLife Recipes #1 - Encourage One Another and Build Each Other UP!



A totally different kind of post.....Food for the soul instead of the gullet.  Kinda something I want to do on here.  My blog, so I can :)


"Encourage One Another and Build Each Other up" - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

These words have been running in my mind a lot today.  Who needs encouragement?  WE ALL DO!  Moms, dads, and kids too!  This last one has been speaking to me.  How often have I encouraged my kids lately?  It seems like all I do is tell them what to do and not do.....No fun...  Not building up for sure.

A couple of days ago I was visiting with some moms at the park down from my street and one of my friends was telling her little guy how happy she was to be his mom.  That truly impacted me.  When was the last time I said that to my little boys?  Not for a LONG TIME.  Not good.  So I pondered this for a while.  And I made a decsion.

"Encourage one another and build each other up"

Daily.

Kids grow up fast I am realizing.  My oldest will be going to full day school in a week and a half.  And turning 6!  My youngest will be heading to pre-school....My time with them all the time is coming to an end......I need to encourage them as they move on to this new stage.  Tell them I love them and I am proud of them.  In their short-comings.....encourage and up lift.....not tear down......Encouragement is more helpful in promoting change and good behavior...(did I learn nothing from potty training ;)


So "encourage one another (your kiddos) and build them up" (today) Tell them you love being their mommy and that you are proud of them....even when they aren't perfect....especially when they aren't perfect because we aren't either.


Hugs to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment