Monday 26 August 2013

Homemade Applesauce



I've decided that Fall can come now.  Our weather has been so fickle.....Hot sunny for a day or two....then muggy and rainy.....mushroomy........ENOUGH ALREADY!

So yep, Fall can come now.  Cooler weather, trees changing, jewel tones, scarves, plaid, pumkin lattes, (ALL things PUMPKIN!!!), the Wishbook, The Back to School frenzy, Harvest festivals, baked ham....apple sauce....Ham and applesauce to me are a match made in heaven.  And now Heaven just got better as I made my OWN applesauce, spiced up a bit.

BUT...

I have a secret....

I've never made applesauce before....I've always just bought it..

SHOCKING and ......lazy..... I know...

Until NOW!!!  OK!!!  I never knew it was so EASY TO MAKE!!!    I'll never buy applesauce again...unless its in those cool squishy packets the boys suck up in 2 seconds flat....


Anyways, go buy, or pick apples and make this sauce. It only takes 20 minutes!  You'll thank me.  I thank myself......

Homemade Applesauce

4 apples - peeled, cored, and chopped.  (I used Gala Apples)
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of water
1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cinnamon*
pinch of ground cloves

*adjust for your own liking

What to Do:

In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool.  Put in blender and pulse until a smooth consistency.

Enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment