Friday 2 August 2013

Watermelon Frosty


I've had a bit of a break on CoffeeBiscotti - 2 weeks of crazy fun and busyness.  My husband and I went on a horse back riding adventure in the mountains.  Just the two of us - no kids.  My mom and dad came up to care for our kiddos.  They had a BLAST!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

Our horse adventure was with a camp organization that does adult camps.  We ate amazing food....I DIDN'T HAVE TO COOK!, rode up in the mountains, down steep hills, over rivers, bushwacking through trees and brush...yep it was crazy but SO much fun!  Not something some people, (myself included) could see me doing.  But I embraced the adventure and had a great time.

Then we rushed home to prep for William's 4th birthday party, Pirate style.  So much fun.  We had a cake made for us which was awesome.  Thanks Erin!  So needless to say we need a vacation from our vacation....:)  But we are refreshed, and that is a good thing.  :)


The long weekend is upon us and thankfully the weather is cooperating! Yahoo for heat and sun!!!  I have an abundance of watermelon left over from the party....so off to my favorite blog sites to see what I could do with it.  JACKPOT!  A cold drink to sip on the deck!  This frosty drink is simple to make and tastes amazing!  It would be great as a breakfast smoothie as well.  Hmmmm....tomorrow.....:)

Enjoy!

Watermelon Frosty
adapted from: Run to the Kitchen

What you Need:

  • 2 cups frozen watermelon cubes
  • ½ frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon of lime juice
  • ½ tablespoon honey
  • 2-3 leaves of mint
  • 1/3 cup of vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup of milk
What you Do:

1.  Combine all ingredients and blend in blender.  Garnish with more mint.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment