Monday 23 September 2013

Crispy-Baked Sweet Potato Fries!!!!



When I was first married I wasn't the best cook.  One time by poor husband had to eat the same stew for supper, then lunch the next day, then supper, then lunch.....yah, we had a talk about leftovers after that...

It wasn't until we got cable that my cooking improved.  Food Network!!!  I finally saw how food was supposed to look and taste.  I started trying new things, with some successes.  Then a friend told me about Kraft Canada's "What's Cooking" magazine.  It's a free quarterly magazine that gets sent to your home.  It is full of easy to make recipes!.  I remember that with the first magazine I received I tried almost all the recipes.  My husband was getting happier!!!

So several years later I still look forward to receiving my "What's Cooking" magazine!  This fall's edition is full of amazing recipes!  I've circled and highlighted at least a dozen!  Wahoo!!!  So here is one that I just had to try.

Crispy-Baked Sweet Potato Fries.  OH MAN, OH MAN!!!  So easy, and yet soooo tasty.  Dip the fries in a garlic aioli sauce (think Costco) and your taste buds are in HEAVEN!!!!!  So ya, go out and buy some Shake and Bake.....You'll thank me....and your family will thank YOU too.


Crispy-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
adapted from: Kraft Canada

What you Need:

2 yams or 3 sweet potatoes
3 TBSP of canola oil ( or any light tasting cooking oil)
2 eggs
1 pouch of Shake and Bake Extra Crispy
1/4 cup of fine crumbed bread crumbs

What you Do:

1.  Pre-heat oven 425 degrees F.

2.  Cover two baking sheets with tin foil.  Drizzle with canola oil.

3.  Peel potatoes (or yams) and cut into match-like sticks length ways

4.   Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add cut potatoes. Toss to coat.

5.  Empty the pouch of Shake and Bake into separate bowl.  In small batches add the potatoes into Shake and Bake; toss to coat.

*** about half-way through you may find the that Shake and Bake Coating mix starts to get clumpy.  Add the breadcrumbs into the bowl and stir mix.  This will make the coating mixture not as clumpy and you can get a nicer coating on your fries.

6.  Spread potatoes onto prepared baking sheets.  Bake until potatoes are tender-crisp, and golden brown.  Turn fries every 10 minutes and rotate baking sheets if you have one on a higher level than the other.

7.  Serve with a Garlic Aioli Sauce, or ketchup.  Enjoy!  I know I sure did.



No comments:

Post a Comment