Friday 13 September 2013

FamilyLifeRecipes #2 - First Day of School





The summer breezes may still have been blowing, but this week was back to school.  For many moms last Tuesday was full of excitement and anxiety......and watching the clock.....

Did they like their teachers?  Were there any friends in the same class?  Were they nervous? sad? scared?  Did they need me?

Believe me, those questions darted in my mind all day.  My oldest son was starting grade one and it was his first "full" day experience. I was in need of distraction... I was so thankful that it was full of friends, coffee, and encouragement.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

There was much "casting" on Tuesday....hourly, minutely, continually.....and that is okay.  God knows what we are trying to express to Him.  So with prayer, and friends my day went by.  At pick up time I wasn't anxious.....curious...yes.....I had given my God my prayers....He knew what I needed.

My little guy has a wonderful teacher, there are some friends in the class.....He didn't "need" me....but he smiled big time when our eyes met at the end of day bell.   I smiled back.....feeling cared for...




No comments:

Post a Comment