Monday 28 October 2013

Choco-Chip-Pretzel-Candy Corn Cookies



Ok, as the name above may show....I MAY have gone a bit overboard with these cookies...BUT it WAS WORTH IT!  I like regular Choco-chip cookies....but  I wanted some more.....how you say.....layers to the cookie....Some depth....a little sumpin sumpin....if ya know what I'm sayin'


Sooooo, I looked in my cupboards...and discovered that HEY!   I have pretzels......I have Candy Corn!!

What is with Candy Corn anyways?  It's kinda just a sweet blob of sugar.....3 colors in the shape of a triangle.....maybe its an older generation thing.....or an American thing?

Anyways, I had some in my cupboard (for nostalgia's sake...or maybe for my American friends sake...) So I thought I would add them to my cookie creation!  And they are gooood!  So to celebrate the up-coming gorge ourselves with our children's hard worked for candy.....after they go into a sugar induced-come on the 31st....here are my cookies....

Enjoy!


Choco-chip-Pretzel-Candy Corn Cookies


What you Need:

2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt

1 cup of butter or margarine softened
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 large eggs

1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of Candy Corn chopped
3/4 cup of chopped pretzels.

What you Do:

1.  In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside

2.  In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugars together until fluffy.  Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Beating after each addition.

3.  On a low speed, slowly add dry ingredients to wet, until combined.  Add chocolate, candy and pretzels.  Stir to combine.

4.  Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto an un-greased baking sheet.

5. BAKE for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then remove to cooling racks.

ENJOY!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment