Oh how I adore ya, let me count the ways...103,104, 105,....okay, I'll not get too carried away here. But I am very excited about this recipe!
And I mean EXCITED!!! It excites me because it is a wonderful, chewy, moist, chocolatey, easy to make cookie that my family LOVES!
It excites me because I have such a hard time finding new cookies my guys will eat....so when one comes along...its golden baby....GOLDEN!
So if you are thinking ahead and planning your lunch box menus for the coming school year....You mean you aren't planning.......your......lunchbox menus? OK, awkward.....
Make these cookies!!! Nuf said.
What you Need:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature (2 1/4 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (about 2 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Add butter and sugars to a large bowl, turn a hand mixer to medium speed and beat until creamy, light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg, then turn mixer to medium and beat until well incorporated. Add the second egg as well as the vanilla extract and beat until they are well incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and the salt with a whisk. Whisk to combine.